Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Waterin' the 'Maters

I just watered the tomatoes we’re growing in pots in the back yard. Tomatoes are one of those plants that need a lot of water. If you’re not pretty diligent about keeping them hydrated they’ll quickly wither and die.

I’m not sure if other plants being “hearty” is a great thing. It doesn’t take much to grow milkweed or kudzu, but I’m fairly certain that a milkweed or kudzu sandwich doesn’t come close to the glory of a ‘mater-sammich on white bread with Duke’s mayonnaise and salt and pepper.

Some things need more attention. In certain areas of life, WE need more attention. As I get older, I become more convinced that if you come across someone who understands the areas of life in which you need more attention, and they are willing to offer it, life gets easier, happier and more satisfying.

And, just as important if not more so, you know as well as I do that not every area of caregiving makes you crazy. You've got a reasonable handle of some things while other areas make you nutz!

I'm sure you remember, in the acronym, C.R.A.Z.Y, the Z stands for "Zero In." You want to Zero In on the few areas that really get to you. So, try this: Pick one area of caregiving you find challenging.  Go online and search “10 Ways to Get Help With (Your Area).”  If you don't get information that helps, try: "How do I get help with (Your Challenge). You’ll be amazed at what comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment