Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Said the Blessing 3 Times and Didn't Remember

Had lunch on the road on the way to see my mom at the nursing home on Saturday. It’s about about a 90-minute drive and I thought I’d catch lunch before I saw her.

I said the blessing 3 times.

I know that sounds crazy. I was dining by myself. And I didn’t say them one after the other.

But, I kept thinking, “Did I say the blessing?”

I realized that I had so many things on my mind about Mama and life that I…just…didn’t keep up. Once again, caregiving was making me crazy.

Caregiving makes you crazy. That’s enough said for anyone who’s into it. You have to slow down a little and register what’s going on around you.

I’ve started posting a note on my back door that says, “Cellphone.” If I don’t have something to remind me I’ll leave my phone on the counter and get miles down the road and have to turn around; or, stay stressed all day without it


If you’re starting to worry about me, thanks. I’m not worrying yet about myself. I’ve just got so much on my mind, like you probably do, and I’m creating tools, habits and systems that allow me to meet my responsibilities and keep up with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment