Friday, May 3, 2013

Annie and Another Day


Just walked out to get the paper and it’s overcast…again. The last few days here in my part of North Carolina have been pretty nasty and it’s starting to get me down.

Now, don’t get me wrong. It hasn’t been ugly and raining all year, or for the past month or even for a whole week.

But, a few days of rain can easily get you into a feeling of, “Is the sun EVER going to come out again?”

Caregiving can keep you in that bad weather feeling a lot of the time if you let it.

When the weather isn’t perfect for awhile it’s hard to remember what it was like when it was sunny. Remembering that the sun is up there all the time, but just hidden right now, can be a challenge, especially when caregiving.

There’s a cute song from the Broadway show/movie, Annie…Tomorrow; I’m sure you’ve heard it. One of the lines is, “The sun’ll come out tomorrow.”

I just checked the weather report. The forecast for morning is continued overcast so for the short term things will stay gray. The forecast for the next 5 days is partly cloudy so, while the sun may peek through at times, it looks like I’ve got to create my own sunshine.

Not a bad metaphor for caregiving and life.


No comments:

Post a Comment